Custom Search

Latest

Monday, June 11, 2007

Is training important?

Training is very important Tool Company must use to insure success to all new employees. Good companies have training manager who handle the training process to the new staff. And when I say training I don’t mean how to use a computer system or how to do the job you are hired for. They hired you because they know that you did the job or you can do it. The training I mean is that the introduction of the new hire to the company’s culture and philosophy. The new hire has to know what the goals of this company and what makes this company different to others. You have to let the new hire knows and believes that your company is different and better than any other company in your industry. This way the new employee will know that he or she has to drop any bad habits from their systems. I remember once, I worked for a great company in the hospitality industry. And I assure you that I did not go to my work station or started doing my job before 3 full weeks of training and orientation from HR. and after the HR orientations and training, I took 2 more weeks training in my department. They trained me how to great people, how to make eye contact, and how to answer the phone. I remember that my trainer told me “I know you have experience, but I want you to forget everything you learn outside this place and focus on what we are trying to do her.” When he told me these words, I knew for sure that I was going to have different job. I left this company and worked in 2 different places, and I assure you that the total training days for both jobs was less than 3 days. My training for the other 2 jobs was like that’s what we do and that’s how we do it and good luck! To tell you the truth, I hated both jobs and I hated the people in both jobs. These people have nothing but gossiping and talking about everyone behind their backs. I once shared an office with 3 employees, and they were the kings and queens of talking about other people; making fun of them; thinking everyone else is a stupid, and when one of the 3 employee leaves the office, the other 2 start talking about him/her. If these employees had the right training and if they were told that in this company we respect each other, they would never do such a thing. Training is important and it will pay you back. It will reduce your turn over rate. It will reduce your employees’ problems, and it will make your company more successful and profitable.

0 comments:

 

My Blog List

About Me

Followers

Site Info

Google Analytics